Job Number: REQ_0000051615
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a Unemployment Compensation Specialist to be responsible for the administration and support of the University’s unemployment compensation program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate and respond to all unemployment compensation (UC) claims to include sending and receiving requests for information to/from the work units and providing all required information to the State of Pennsylvania.
- Represent the University by providing and facilitating testimony at UC hearings.
- Serve as the subject matter expert regarding unemployment compensation and provide guidance to work units and employees.
- Develop liaison relationships with managers, department heads, support staff, Human Resources staff, legal counsel, and union officers.
- Facilitate litigation holds and subpoena requests; handle copyright infringement notices; and process monthly dues reporting for union employees.
- Routinely respond to inquiries, resolve issues and employee concerns.
- Present training and/or information programs to groups of employees as necessary.
In addition, the Specialist will have the opportunity to learn day-to-day interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements, and University policy, procedures, and programs.
As a member of Penn State Human Resources, you will be joining a team of individuals who have the ambition to help Penn State succeed. Workforce diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply rooted in Penn State’s historic mission and are critical to our success. Just as we are committed to a diverse educational environment, we are also committed to a diverse working community. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with various levels of faculty, staff, administrators, and outside agencies
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Commitment to fostering diversity and equal opportunity
- Vision to assess and respond to rapidly changing issues
- Basic knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws preferred
This position typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers a flexible work arrangement that combines on-campus work with occasional remote work. Questions related to flexible work should be directed to the hiring manager during the interview process.
University Park, PA
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.