Southwest Tennessee Community College is a comprehensive, multicultural, public, open-access college. Southwest has 7 campuses/centers
from which it offers over 100 programs and over 20 technical certificate programs.
We foster student success, transform lives, and
increase the educational level of a growing community in Shelby County. Southwest is a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, accredited by
the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
We invite you to become a part of the
Title: Transfer & Articulation Administrator
Institution:Southwest Tennessee Community College
Department: Career Services and Academic Advising
Campus Location: STCC – Multiple Campus
This is a full-time, fiscal year appointment position, reporting to Director of
Career Services and Academic Advising. The incumbent will be a dynamic individual primarily responsible for the development, maintenance,
and dissemination of articulation and transfer services, information, and resources.
This position will serve as the primary liaison
between higher education institutions and the College and between the divisions of Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and Southwest
Workforce Community Solutions in support of student advisement, retention, placement and/or transfer.
- Design, implement and monitor a comprehensive academic advisement model and protocol to include new, continuing and newly
transferred students transitioning into the college as well as providing transfer and articulation information. Ensures students are
provided consistent, accurate, and prompt advising services.
- Researches new transfer strategies that improve student retention,
persistence, and graduation rates.
- Develops and executes Articulation Agreements between a secondary or Continuing Education program
and STCC that clearly identify which courses or program of study that a student must successfully complete to utilize the direct benefits
provided to students (e.g., college credit, advance standing, reduced tuition, transfer opportunities).
- Articulates and supports the
implementation of the roles and responsibilities of the staff and faculty as outlined by the Articulation agreement.
- Creates and
edits a variety of articulation and transfer documents, including reports, and correspondence for students, advisors, and academic
- Provides leadership and vision to communicate changes in degree or transfer requirements to ensure faculty advisors
provide consistent and reliable information to students.
- Researches, negotiates, and monitors transfer agreements, credit for prior
learning agreements, dual credit contracts, and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) between STCC and post-secondary institutions, agencies
and other partners.
- Assists with the development and ongoing maintenance of transfer articulation agreements to include annual
review and revision of course equivalency guides.
- Serves as point of contact and liaison for the College with other institutions and
Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) to ensure that state and federal regulations are properly incorporated and administered in program design
and transfer policies.
- Researches and reviews transfer policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and partners with other higher
education institutions around the state to develop and expand transfer opportunities and clear pathways for STCC
- Coordinates with Academic Advising and other internal departments regarding the communication and observance of new
agreements and pathways for STCC students.
- Reviews learning objectives to adjust curriculum to meet transferability to other
institutions and assists in the development of new degree programs offered by the College that are transferable from the implementation of
- Supervises related staff and models Southwest Community College’s vision to support Transfer, Articulation and Dual
Enrollment processes, guidelines, standards, partnerships and offerings.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and
three (3) years directly related experience in student personnel administration, higher education administration, counseling, career
development, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop and deliver
- Ability to draft/write professional correspondence, reports, and policies
- Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions or complaints from students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist
clients with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer
- Computer software proficiency, and experience leveraging technology.
The intent of this job
description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title
and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Candidates who are called for
an interview must notify Human Resources in writing at least five (5) days in advance of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the
date of the interview.
First consideration will be given to current Southwest Tennessee Community College employees who meet the
minimum qualifications for the position.
In order to be considered for the position, the following items must be
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
A summary of our benefits can be
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Southwest Tennessee Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO
employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities.
Southwest Tennessee Community College is an AA/EOE/ADA Employer.