Working at IRSC has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, IRSC offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) participation
- Voluntary participation in 403(b) and 457(b) deferred compensation plans
Leads the development and administration of total rewards (compensation and benefits) programs that ensure employee total compensation is competitive, appropriate for Indian River State College (IRSC) and cost effective. Establishes the strategic direction and operational supervision of the employee health and welfare initiatives within the college. Oversees continuous improvement initiatives towards full automation of critical processes. Enhances the employee experience, and provides leadership on compensation and benefits to ensure competitiveness within the industry. Ensures appropriate recordkeeping and reporting of compensation and benefit information; and assists with the development, management and analysis of human resources’ budgets and management reports. Maintains compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations, as well as exceptional employee understanding and engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications, knowledge, and skill requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a business-related discipline, as well as a professional certification from an HR organization required
- 5 – 7 years of progressive HR experience. HR Manager experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of State and Federal wage and hour laws including FLSA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, HIPAA, and social security and DOL requirements.
- Experience working with ERP/HRIS systems and developing and maintaining C&B configuration. Experience with Workday is highly preferred.
- Proficient user of Microsoft products, e.g., Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word
- Protects and maintains sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively to key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to present analysis succinctly to HR team members, managers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and close multiple projects
- Experience managing budgets and vendor contracts.
- Strong people management and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop employees; and ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the total rewards functions and assigned staff responsible for compensation, benefits and compliance through the development of operating and strategic plans; salary administration and rewards; planning and as assignment of workload.’
- Manages total rewards’ design and administration, through full utilization of Workday capabilities, of IRSC’s benefits programs to ensure employee satisfaction; minimizes IRSC’s costs; negotiates with insurance carriers and other vendors to obtain cost-effective rates and quality service.
- Develops and supports a culture of employee outreach and service, with development of proactive communication and education programs, to promote the various features of IRSC’s competitive total rewards program.
- Designs and implements the annual employee total rewards statements; Coaches/mentors other HR staff towards fostering full understanding of IRSC’s total rewards.
- Develops and maintains compensation and benefits policies and procedures (SOP’s); recommends new policies and/or policy changes; accountable for compliance related testing, reporting and deliverables, including preparation of internal and external required analysis and submissions.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives and optimization of workday, including recommendations for process improvements to meet business needs. Interacts with external and internal technology experts to monitor system effectiveness and implement upgrades as required.
- Provides leadership and guidance on all company compensation programs including annual salary planning, merit increases, salary structures, variable pay and other incentive programs to ensure alignment to company goals and budget.
- Benchmarks and assesses IRSC’s competitiveness through salary and benefits survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development and incentive plan design.
- Effectively partners with other members of the human resources team who are front facing to internal leaders for attracting, promoting and retaining talent.
- Partners with other members of the human resources team to ensure correlation between compensation and performance management to ensure talent is competitively compensated in line with compensation strategy and philosophy.
- Advises leadership on applicable federal, state, and local employment regulations that impact benefits, leave, compensation policies, and ensures all plans remain compliant.
- Responsible for overseeing all company leave of absence programs.
- Leads Open Enrollment for the company and facilitates ease of benefits selection for employees.
- Manages relationships between consultants, administrative vendors, and insurance carriers.
- Knowledgeable of health and welfare plans, especially self-insured health plans,.
- Responsible for creating and ensuring company compliance in required training and benefits administration e.g., completion of required annual training (such as Sexual Harassment), and service awards program.
- Establish, and maintain dashboards to measure key compensation, benefits, and engagement data and identify trends and prepare reports as necessary for Board of Directors and the executive leadership.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.
Compensation and Application Deadline
Pay range starts at: $100,000. All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate’s education and experience. Open until filled.
Adriene Jefferson, Equity Officer & Title IX Coordinator
Indian River State College
3209 Virginia Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL 34981-5596