Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues to join the MVCC community. We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Financial Aid Advisor in our Financial Aid department. The advises students, reviews applications for financial assistance and assists in the general administration of the college student financial aid program and is responsible for program integrity for programs assigned by Director.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Advises students and/or parents regarding college and related financial planning, aid programs, and application procedures;
- Determines student eligibility for a variety of government and private financial aid programs in accordance with published procedures and regulations;
- Assists in carrying on an established computer-assisted student financial aid program;
- Acts as liaison between student applicants for financial aid benefits and appropriate governmental agencies;
- Approves all methods of deferred student payments according to prescribed procedures;
- Assists MVCC students transferring to other colleges with their transfer of financial aid;
- Assists the Director in maintaining financial aid records of students;
- Maintains current knowledge of all student financial aid resources, governing regulations and procedures;
- Responsible for the packaging, preparation and mailing of the Financial Aid Award Letters;
- Counsels, advises, and assists students and parents with applications for Financial Aid;
- Works with the Director of Financial Aid to develop policies and procedures consistent with State, Federal, and Local laws, rules, and regulations. Keeps abreast of current and anticipated Financial Aid regulations and ensures compliance;
- Responsible for awarding and certification of all New York State Award Programs;
- Works as the liaison between Financial Aid and special student populations as needed;
- Performs other related duties as related to this job description as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of financial aid experience or Associate degree and three (3) years of financial aid experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date:2/5/2024
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.