Salary: $36,000.00 Annually
Location: Vincennes, IN
Job Type: Full-Time Administrative & Professional Staff
Job Number: 202200322
College/Division: VP for Statewide Services
Department: Project Aspiree (367XX/3170)
Opening Date: 01/12/2024
Closing Date: 4/30/2024 11:59 PM Eastern
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for an Outreach Advisor in Project ASPIREE. This is a full-time 12-month exempt professional staff position located at the VU Main Campus site. Time will also be spent at participating middle and high schools, and on trips with students. The outreach advisor’s primary focus is to recruit and serve participants and maintain accurate records of services.
Interviews will be held during the application period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and recruits eligible participants by making presentations to groups & individuals
- Advises project participants with services in career exploration, educational information, academic advising and study skills, and financial literacy
- Coordinates trips; transports students in 15 passenger vans and accompanies students on campus visits and other project educational activities (may involve an overnight stay or extended hours)
- Compiles and maintains accurate data on Project ASPIREE participant services activities, and academic progress, and assists with Annual Performance Reporting (ensuring confidentiality)
- Represents the project and serves at target schools at meetings and events that may include day, evening or weekend time frames (includes public speaking to groups)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in counseling, education, social sciences, or a closely related field. A Master’s level degree or a minimum of three years’ experience and training in working with youth in an educational or social sciences field is preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required to travel to grant schools, meetings, and professional development, as well as, transporting students on trips
- Must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Google Classroom, social media, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizational skills, and attention to detail
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to walk around college campuses and on other educational trips with students sometimes for extended periods of time and extended distances
- Must have the ability to drive a 15-passenger van or willingness to learn
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
Vincennes University is an AA/EO employer.