The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Office Associate – Business Enterprises
Perform advanced office and administrative/management support tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confidentiality is an essential component of this position.
- Perform administrative tasks and projects. Analyze, process and maintain information as required.
- Assist supervisor by researching problems and providing resolution(s) as directed.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, organize data and oversee office functions as required.
- Prepare complex reports regarding housing occupancy, placement needs, and meal plan usage; perform associated analysis and interpretations.
- Perform front line department duties including telephone, email, and assistance of walk-in clientele.
- Provide training regarding department and University procedures; may provide computer application(s)/procedures training.
- Manage calendar reservations for Washakie Center rooms
- Perform special projects, as directed.
- May guide or supervise other office staff as required.
- Assist with revision of forms and office procedures.
- Collaborate with staff both within and outside of the department to fulfill required duties.
- Analysis/Problem Identification
- Attention to detail
- Quality Orientation
- Work Prioritization & Management
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 2 years progressively responsible work-related experience
Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirements: Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- One year experience in an office environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. To review the EEO is the Law Poster and its Supplement, please see The Diversity & Fairness page.
Pursuant to Wyoming State law, W.S. 19-14-102, as amended, an honorably discharged veteran who has been a resident of the state of Wyoming for one (1) year or more at any time prior to the date when the veteran applies for employment, or any surviving spouse who was married to such veteran at the time of the veteran’s death, who is receiving federal survivor benefits based on the veteran’s military service and is applying for employment, shall receive an interview preference during the applicant screening process with the University of Wyoming. At the time of application the applicant must possess the business capacity, competency, education or other qualifications required for the position. If disabilities do not materially interfere with performance of job duties, disabled veterans will be given preference over able-bodied veterans. Appropriate documentation of veteran status must be provided at time of application as outlined in the application process. No preference will be given to a veteran currently employed by a public department.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.