Manager, Academic Advising (AQS 41285)
Academic Quality and Strategic Integration
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary Range: $94,113 to $117,641
January 31, 2024
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of
hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the
operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be
clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to
perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note:This is a full-time
Administrative position (37.5 hours per week) starting March 1, 2024.Duties:The Manager, Academic Advising, is
accountable for leading and managing a diverse range of services to facilitate and support the academic success of students in support of
the College’s strategic goal to improve and support retention. They will lead a team of Academic Advisors located in Schools across
the College. This role works closely with Deans, Associate Deans, and other College leaders, including Student Services, to formulate,
develop and implement processes, policies, standards and activities that support student academic success. This role also serves as the
College’s Academic Appeals Administrator as designated by the Senior Vice President, Academic according to Policy A128.
of the Academic Quality and Strategic Integration portfolio, the Manager, Academic Advising is the primary source of advice/advocacy and
coordination for student academic success initiatives within Academic Services and will be a team-builder responsible for the establishment,
delivery, and oversight of a deliberative and collaborative academic success model.
- Post-secondary 4-year honours Bachelor degree in Adult Education, Academic Advising, Student Affairs/Services, and/or Mental Health is
- Master’s degree in Education preferred
- Equivalent education may be considered
- Minimum 5
years’ management/supervisory experience in a relevant environment/function
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
together with experience collaborating across a large organization
- Demonstrated skills in active listening, coaching, group
facilitation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent skills specific to planning and organization within a fast-changing work
- Computer knowledge and skills, including use of Microsoft Office and basic databases as well as academic advising and
- Proven research and reporting skills and the ability to drive decisions through the analysis of data
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory, approaches, and best practices
- Established knowledge of student academic
advising theories, approaches, and best practices
- An understanding of academic operations as well as knowledge of college
post-secondary and apprenticeship programs
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting a diverse student population
- Ability to positively relate to, and build professional relationships with, students, staff, and the public (one-on-one and groups) is
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
While transcripts are not required for
the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an
interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College provides accommodation to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.