COLLEGE/SCHOOL/DEPT: Advancement Office
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Advancement
The Office of University Advancement carries out the fundraising efforts for the University. This position worksclosely with the VP of University Advancement to secure funds for the organization by cultivating new donors tothe university and then ensuring they are retained as continuing donors to the University in alignment with theirvalues and the strategic initiatives of Heritage University. The Major gift Officer should excel in managingrelationships as well as providing outstanding customer service and should be an enthusiastic professional withthe highest standards of excellence. This position will require some weekend and evening work, in addition tolocal, regional, and national travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the Heritage University Mission.
- Work closely with University Board Members to develop prospects for potential new donors to the University.
- Establish donor cultivation opportunities and a gift stewardship program to ensure new donors aredeveloped, have the opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and maintain a closerelationship with the University.
- Create individual goals for each person in his or her portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and theorganization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for eachperson in the portfolio. Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals in the portfolio areretained and upgraded.
- Work with university personnel to secure appropriate project information necessary to create proposals andasks that will be communicated to persons in the portfolio to secure gifts.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgments, and regularcommunications as part of the stewardship program.
- Create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Perform other donor activities as required.
- Represent Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students,donors, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty,staff, students, and other customers of our services, and learn and use operating practices of the departmentand Heritage University.
- Handle confidential information for donor and student records with tact, and discretion, and in compliancewith FERPA regulations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5‐7 years of relevant experience in fundraising, customer service, or outside sales.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Software.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone and by email.
- Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, able to perform under pressure.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments that require assistance from avariety of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient in MS Office.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE Applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- List of References (names, addresses & phone numbers of 3-5 current professional references).
- HU Employment Application LINK: HU
AppReview of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please email application material to: Humanresources@heritage.edu or Heritage UniversityOffice of Human Resources 3240 Fort Road Toppenish, WA 98948
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Heritage University is an equal opportunity/ equal access/ affirmative action employer fully committed toachieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orderregarding non‐discrimination and affirmative action.