Hofstra University is nationally ranked and recognized as Long Island’s largest private university
located in Hempstead, N.Y. When you work at Hofstra, you join a team of talented professionals committed to preparing students for the
challenges of tomorrow, in an environment that cultivates learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of
humankind. The work we do at Hofstra supports the education and well-being of our students, and the workforce of the future. While working
towards this mission, employees can take advantage of many enriching experiences on campus. Whether it’s a lunchtime lecture, a Division I
NCAA athletics game, a musical concert, a theatre performance, or a visit to one of our two accredited museums, there is always something
exciting to do at Hofstra. Enjoy the ease of going to the fitness center, taking a swim, or grabbing a bite to eat without having to leave
our beautiful campus! Hofstra University is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse academic community of
students, faculty, staff, and administrators respectful of the contributions and dignity of each of its members. We especially encourage
women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
School/Division: Human Resources (division)
Department: Office of
The Human Resources Operations Manager will drive HR transactional excellence and
uniform best practices to support accurate and timely transactions between HR Client Services, HRIS, Benefits, and Payroll with a focus on
data integrity. This is a visible role that requires the ability to cultivate and maintain stakeholder relationships, maintain the highest
degree of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times, possess a high level of professionalism, and be customer service driven and flexible
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the lifecycle of the employee transaction process
within the Banner HRIS system to include onboarding, appointments, promotions, transfers, salary changes, and terminations.
as the primary liaison to the University Payroll Department for all payroll related matters.
- Works closely with HRIS and Payroll to
ensure the completion of efficient, seamless, and accurate transactions.
- Reviews existing HR and Office of Student Employment
operations/processes to recommend and implement process improvement solutions.
- Works closely with the HRIS team to ensure compliance
with various wage and labor requirements.
- Oversees the processing of subpoenas and employment record requests ensuring such requests
are handled within established time frames.
- Identifies opportunities for HR process automation and subsequently, leads these
- Partners with the Director, Human Resources Information Systems in developing and generating various HR-related
institutional reports; develops and delivers useful HR reports to leadership.
- Assists with various HR related projects in an effort
to improve HR operations and services.
- Supervises 2 HR Client Services
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5
years of related Human Resources experience, preferably in HR Operations, Payroll, or HRIS related role.
- Prior experience with an
HRIS system to include the processing of payroll/personnel transactions and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability with leveraging data to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced,
deadline driven environment.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision as well as serve as a productive team
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, and listening
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Access, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have
a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
- Prior experience in a University setting.
- Prior project management experience, preferably within
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering
diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse
$75,000 – $80,000
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.