Req ID: req15767
Position Number: 038
Department: Langston University
Location Address: United States
(Contingent upon available funding)
40,000.00 – 50,000.00, Commensurate with education and experience
Work Schedule: M-F (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Faculty Appt Period: 12 months
Job Summary: Provide a broad array of human resource consultative services to numerous administrative units in the areas of organizational and job design, recruitment, retention, compensation, performance management, employee relations, policy
interpretation and staff development to employees, supervisors, and managers. Proactively partner with managers and staff to develop and implement effective HR strategies. Create and foster a positive, engaged work environment. Implement best
practices to further the efforts of HR. Functions in the capacity of the Human Resources Office Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities: Provide a broad range of generalist level support for the human resources department in the following areas: onboarding, time management, performance evaluations, employment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, compliance, HR systems, and/or professional development.
Complete human resources related projects in a timely manner. Assist in the development, streamlining, implementation and documentation of human resources processes and procedures.
Responsible for opening office daily at 8:00 a.m.
Maintenance of active and inactive personnel files and confidential treatment of same.
Responsible for all aspects of the onboarding process.
Maintain quantities of office forms and ordering of supplies and purchase orders through the OKCorral purchasing system.
Supervises HR student workers and interns and is responsible for ensuring hours worked are submitted on time.
Provides administrative support to the Human Resource Director.
Performs all onboarding including I-9 certification, E-verify, input of all employee demographic information.
Assists with year-end processing, annual reports, and surveys.
Assists with the annual performance review process.
Performs other duties as assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Official Transcript(s) (upload and mail official(s) to Employee Services), Current Letter of Recommendation (1), Current Letter of Recommendation (2), Current Letter of Recommendation (3)
- Sound understanding of all aspects of human resources. Proven skills in building and maintaining effective work relationships with all levels of the organization. Must have a proven record of taking initiative and being proactive.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, customer service, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills. Proven clear and effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion. Proven ability to work in a team context and to set priorities, manage competing demands and to provide timely response to urgent issues.
- Solid experience with standard desktop productivity tools, including word processing programs, database management systems, and spreadsheets.
- The ability to sustain ethical workplace practices.
Preferred and/or Related Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a
minimum of 2-3 years related experience as a human resource professional consulting in
one or more of the following areas: employment, compensation, employee relations,
organizational development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience in human resources in an academic setting desired.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit eeo.okstate.edu.”