Tufts University’s Human Resources office seeks experienced, creative, and results-oriented Human Resources
candidates for the position of Senior Human Resources Business Partner.
In support of the University’s mission to be a high quality
educational and research institution, the Human Resources team partners with University communities to provide a broad array of programs and
Human Resources is committed to providing excellent service as a partner with management in the recruitment and retention
of highly qualified diverse staff facilitating positive employee relations training to enhance employee skills, performance and job
satisfaction. Human Resources creates and implements programs to increase organizational effectiveness as we design and deliver fair,
competitive benefit and compensation programs.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human
Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
What You’ll Do
Under general supervision, the Human Resources Business Partner provides trusted advice to
assigned client groups designed to improve administrative effectiveness at Tufts. Responsible for working with client management to develop
and implement workforce plans and strategic, operational and tactical staff deployment/management strategies. Participates in regular
client management strategy and project planning sessions to serve as a client thought partner. Applying broad knowledge of HR policies and
practices, works on large-scale client-department projects and participates in other projects within the Human Resources
- Assesses client needs and develops/introduces HR solutions or initiatives
that support strategic business objectives to help move the organization forward, demonstrating thorough understanding of the
department/division/school/campus culture, priorities and tactical realities while balancing the requests of the client with university
policy and guidelines.
- Acts as an employee advocate, management coach, and change agent, leading initiatives proactively to support
employee engagement and organization development.
- Responsible for leading projects related to client groups; participates in
HR-sponsored projects and assignments utilizing broad HRBP/employment practice or knowledge.
- Communicates orally or in writing,
project plans, initiatives, development projects, training materials as requested and as required internally/externally to
- Assists client senior management in developing effective workforce plans, identifying potential staffing gaps and organizational
development opportunities. Responsible for recruiting plans and oversees timely fulfillment of vacancies to support and sustain operating
- Interprets and appropriately applies university policies to resolve complex employee relations issues.
We’re Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s
degree and 5-7 years of related experience
- Solid understanding and demonstrable knowledge of employment laws, employee relations,
compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and design, workforce planning, and sourcing
- Experience resourcing people, funding,
material, and support to achieve results. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing
- Strong technology skills. Previous experience working ERP, project management, case management, and other HR administrative
systems. Previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Special Work Schedule
- May require attendance at meetings with clients at varied campus locations.
Minimum $84,400.00, Midpoint $105,550.00, Maximum $126,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise,
and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Tufts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.