Posting Number: S0354P
Position Number: 106
Status of Position
Staff – Full Time
The Executive Director provides leadership in the implementation and evaluation of personnel services. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall strategic planning, administration, organization and day-to-day operation of the institution’s human resource functions including but not limited to employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, employment, labor relations, employee orientation, staff training and development, recognition programs and employee relations. The Executive Director is also responsible for personnel records, human resource information systems and payroll. The Executive Director supervises the Human Resources Department employees and ensures that services to internal and external clients are positive and effective.
Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
- Direct reporting relationship to the Vice President, Administrative Services.
- Direct supervisory relationship with Payroll Manager, Recruiting and Training Specialist, Benefits Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
- Administers Board policy, College procedures, and collective bargaining agreements relating to recruitment, selection of employees, salary placement, new employee orientation, and employee relations.
- Administers College benefits programs including health, life, accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, workers’ compensation, pension (SURS – State University Retirement System), and tuition reimbursement.
- Manages budget for department as well as specific college-wide employee benefits.
- Recruits, hires and supervises HR department staff.
- Serves as Compliance Officer for the institution with responsibility for processing sexual and racial harassment cases, overseeing ADA/504, FMLA, handling grievance procedures, ensuring HIPAA, state and federal compliance.
- Administers the delivery of payroll services and directs the compensation program by maintaining the College salary administration program and pay policies and performance appraisal program.
- Provides direction in the implementation, use and maintenance of the College’s administrative computing systems related to human resources programs and services.
- Coordinates staff development training and professional development opportunities for support staff and administrative employees.
- Manages the College position classification system, classification specifications, position descriptions, and performance evaluations and maintains the Position Descriptions Manual and the Organizational Charts.
- Provides leadership in contract negotiations with all represented employee groups.
- Prepares, directs and reviews the preparation and maintenance of human resources records.
- Processes unemployment compensation claims, represents the College at unemployment compensation hearings, and completes questionnaires, reports and surveys from federal and state agencies and others as required.
- Assists with reviews of risk management services to ensure compliance with established policies, records and procedures.
- Serves as the College’s AA/EO Officer and prepares reports as required; serves as the resource person regarding AA/EO information and grievance processes and advises College officials on matters relative to local, state and national AA/EO guidelines and requirements. Serves as Associate Title IX Coordinator.
- Prepares reports and analyses on HR related issues.
- Represents the College in local, state, and national professional organizations and establishes working relationships with those organizations.
- Performs other duties which are reasonably within the scope of the human resources function.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to life, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Master’s degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, education administration or related field.
- History of progressively expanding experience in developing, administering and evaluating HR programs and policies.
- At least five (5) years of management and supervisory experience including the hiring and supervision of staff, budget management, strategic planning, benefits administration, policy and procedure development and administration, and demonstrated knowledge of general management theory and practice particularly in the HR field.
- Experience in employee recruitment and retention.
- Experience with administrative computer systems that perform human resources operations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to employment and personnel management.
- Management experience in a union environment, preferably as a member of a negotiations team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee training and counseling.
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Colleague computer applications and programs, particularly the human resources components.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in education administration.
- HR professional certifications.
- Experience with processing payroll.
- Ten (10) or more years of management and supervisory experience
Anticipated Work Hours and Days
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m.-4;30 p.m.. Occasional evening hours
Salary: minimum starting-$91,645; salary commensurate with experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically. To ensure full consideration, please apply by October 24, 2023