Requisition Number: 54138
Location: Boulder Colorado
Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 28-Jan-2024
The University of Colorado Boulder is searching for an E-Commerce Manager!
This position supports the Shipping, Order Fulfillment, Web Product, and the Monsoon departments. This position supervises and trains
student and professional staff, and creates procedures and policies for all supported departments. The position creates labor budgets,
schedules hours, and trains all front-line staff within these departments.
This role will be responsible for all order fulfillment at the
CU Book Store, as well as the disposition of all Book Store assets resulting from in-store rental program and other online sales. The
University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to
contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Book Store offers a convenient place for students to prepare for their academic endeavors. The
Store offers academic course materials, and school supplies for all students, faculty and staff. We also provide logoed gear for all patrons
and visitors of the university. By offering innovative services and customer centric culture, the store strives to provide a welcoming
environment for all members of the campus community, as well as the Boulder Community at large.
What Your Key Responsibilities
Order Fulfillment Management:
- Managing the Order Fulfillment Team and work with IT to suggest and
implement improvements and enhancements to order fulfillment and order placement systems. Develop and enforce performance metrics.
- Oversee the Web Order Queue, ensuring orders get processed, issues get resolved in a timely manner, and policies and procedures are
developed to prevent systematic issues from continually occurring.
- Handle service requests for problems encountered in the Netsuite
ERP and SuiteCommerce Websites.
Web Product Management:
- Supervise the Web Product Team, researching and working
with IT to implement enhancements and improvements to cubookstore.com. Develop and implement service guidelines and performance metrics.
- Work with vendors and internal marketing department to obtain product web images. Run quality checks on all web products, and
report and resolve identified issues.
- Handle service requests for issues encountered on the cubookstore.com website.
Staff and Student Employee Management:
- Supervise 2+ University Staff positions, 20+ student employees and up to 60
temporary employees. Responsible for hiring, reviewing, coaching and performance management for all employees supervised. Submit timesheets
and approve leave, and assign projects and tasks.
- Handle the scheduling for employees supervised. Create, follow, and modify a
detailed labor budget for each area supervised. Handle the creation and administration of all training procedures. Be responsible for
opening or closing of store and working late nights during busy times of year.
- Generate and disseminate order placement and
fulfillment forecasts each fiscal year, using information gathered to accurately staff and supply all departments supervised.
all established procedures and guidelines, making changes as needed to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the Monsoon Team and be responsible for developing and enforcing performance metrics.
- Handle all
aspects of Amazon Customer Service, ensuring all issues are dealt with within the designated Amazon service window and resolutions fall
within established guidelines. Monitor Amazon Account Metrics daily, ensuring all fall within allowed ranges.
- Lead the Shipping Team and partner with IT to suggest and implement improvements to shipping systems. Research and
implement new shipping and packaging methods, discussing with vendors to get the best pricing possible.
- Source and procure all
materials needed, developing and remaining within a budget.
- Evaluate all shipping vendors and make recommendations for vendor
- Run the receiving area in the Book Store. This includes working with buyers and departments to bring in and move out goods
and fixtures, space management within the Shipping and Receiving areas, working with all interested parties to develop, disseminate and
implement space plans.
What You Should Know
- This in person positions anticipated work schedule will mostly be
Monday through Friday with occasional late nights and weekends.
What We Can Offer
- The annual salary range for this
role is $50,088 to $55,236.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement,
paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers
an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent, related experience.
- 2 years of retail experience, including at least
1 year of supervisory experience.
What You Will Need
- Great leadership and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral.
To apply, please
submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later
Please apply by January 28, 2024, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.