This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating the administration of HACC’s employee recruitment and onboarding processes and procedures. Under the direction of the vice president, Human Resources and Organizational Development, the director, HR recruitment provides strategies and best practices to promote inclusion and diversity throughout HACC’s recruitment and selection process. This position provides training and guidance to hiring managers and search committees that participate in the hiring of new faculty and staff. Additionally, this position oversees the onboarding process of new hires, to include completion of required background clearances.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements:Valid driver’s license required.
Preferred Qualifications: Classification/Compensation knowledge and experience
Job Specific Task List:
- Administers the college-wide applicant tracking and onboarding system; recommends effective use of system functionality; works with vendors to reconfigure systems to meet changing business needs; administers contracts associated with purchases, maintenance and upgrades for recruitment and onboarding software; provides training and technical assistance to hiring managers and other users of the systems; develops reports and performs analyses to ensure accountability, ongoing assessment and continuous quality improvement.
- Coordinates and develops staff and faculty recruitment and onboarding processes, including recruitment authorization, job posting, advertisement, interviews, search committee establishment; ensures compliance with local, state and federal employment and hiring regulations; administers I-9 verifier training; recommends and coordinates updates to HACC webpages related to employment, background clearances and onboarding.
- Identifies and develops sources of qualified candidates through research and networking endeavors that advertisement of open positions reaches a diverse and qualified target audience; evaluates the effectiveness of internal and external recruitment methods based on quality and number of candidates, cost of advertising, and other appropriate criteria.
- Provides training and guidance to hiring managers, search committees and hiring group participants to secure compliance with recruitment laws, policies and procedures with a focus on inclusion and diversity; serves as resources to internal candidates regarding the hiring process and interviewing skills.
- Responsible for administering background clearances for current employees and new hires; serves as point of contact with each agency to troubleshoot technical issues; purchases FBI, state police and child abuse clearances through each appropriate agency.
- Manages resource accounts related to recruitment, background clearances and onboarding; Manages contracts for advertising and recruitment services; coordinates the use of temporary employment agencies; evaluates the effectiveness of services and recommends continuance or suspension; responds to inquiries from internal customers, the general public, etc. submitted to resource accounts.
- Hires, onboards, trains, develops, motivates, supervises, evaluates, disciplines, and separates staff consistent with organizational and strategic goals.
- Serves as a resource to candidates and staff regarding compensation, benefits and other human resources information.
- Gathers census and other data and analyzes local, regional and national labor markets to recruit a diverse candidate pool.
- Assists in developing a recruitment budget and monitors costs and expenditures associated with recruitment activities; serves on or leads standing and ad hoc committees related to recruitment policies and processes.
- Assists HR recruiters with the scheduling of interviews, including locations, travel arrangements and campus guides. – (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. – (Standard)
Job Type:Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values: A Circle of Caring
Caring by Creating Our Future Together
- We work together to shape and build our preferred future.
- We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation.
- We set high goals and strive to achieve them.
- We strive to provide exceptional service to all who help shape our future.
Caring for Each Other
- We are gateways to student success and opportunity.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and equity-mindedness in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- >We are growth-minded, believing that each of us is capable of learning, developing and growing to support our mission.
Caring by Doing What is Right
- We are honest and hold each other and ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communications.
- We are transparent about our decisions as individuals and teams.
- We embrace broad engagement in the shared governance process.
HACC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the diversity of its workforce.