Director of Talent Acquisition & Staff Diversity Outreach
Finance & Administration
Detailed Job Description
Talent Acquisition Strategy and Staff Recruiting Operations
- Develop and implement talent acquisition strategy, in alignment with university and department strategic objectives.
- Manage day-to-day operations of staff recruiting team and recruiting and selection processes and systems, including:
- provide strategic and operational direction, employee development and performance management
- track and analyze data to drive strategic and operational decisions
- oversee training of key constituent groups (e.g. hiring managers, search committees)
- provide training and development opportunities to ensure our recruiting approaches and processes support candidates from all backgrounds for success
- Partner internally and externally to develop and maintain robust candidate pipelines for key current and future openings (e.g. social media, job fairs, external programs, organizations, internal RIT departments)
- Act as primary liaison for faculty recruitment (College Liaison meetings) and dual career hire support.
- Manage relationships with temporary workforce agencies.
- Consult and advise the staff recruiting team on best practices, and implement plans to diversify talent pipelines at all levels to ensure that they can develop diverse applicant pools.
- Support hiring managers with direct recruiting responsibility for client groups as assigned.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Develop, launch, and scale a sourcing, attraction, engagement and acquisition strategy that promotes diversity and supports all aspects of the talent pipeline to reach a wider range of talent in underrepresented communities.
- Collaborate closely with university partners to connect the staff diversity recruiting approach with overall talent acquisition, AAP and Strategic Plan goals.
- Participate in the development of and monitor performance metrics and goals for diversity recruiting efforts. Track against these metrics and report to the organization, communicate program impact and identify further opportunities. Participate in local and national diversity and equity networks and partnerships to ensure that our policies and practices are in keeping with the best practices in the field.
- Lead, enhance, and form new relationships with external partners and events that promote a diverse and inclusive pipeline of talent across levels and functions.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide periodic reports to outline the progress, barriers and proposed improvements in implementing diversity and equity hiring goals and strategies.
- As a critical part of the overall talent management and employee life-cycle process, evaluate and implement opportunities to improve the applicant and candidate experience, including the application, interview/assessment, pre-boarding, and new hire orientation/on-boarding processes.
Other duties as assigned
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you’ll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum 6 years experience in employment recruiting across a variety of disciplines, job categories, and levels within an organization
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- At least 2 years experience leading and/or creating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives and working/collaborating with leadership and executive teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of equitable recruitment, hiring, and retention practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and effective working relationships with individuals of various ages, cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band: $79100 – $132500
Hourly/Salary Minimum: $79100
Hourly/Salary Maximum: $132500
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For.” RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Hourly/Salary Minimum: 79100