Faculty Rank: No
Position Number: 091081
Department: Yosef Club – 555010
Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares
students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for
all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and
create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses
in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls more than 20,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers
more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising, sales or
closely related/comparable field.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, sales and project management.
- Ability to communicate
effectively via phone and in-person meetings.
- Experience in database management or CRM.
for occasional travel including work on evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Essential Duties and
The Director of Development & Premium Seating will be responsible for the annual
solicitation of Yosef Club donors and prospects to grow financial support for Appalachian State Athletics while maintaining all
communications, sales, and operations of premium seating. The position will engage constituent members and prospects with face-to-face
meetings, outreach, group settings, and events. It will also oversee the operations of our premium seating ticketing and
Fundraising and philanthropic efforts include:
- Reach defined fundraising goals in dollars
and members as set by senior-level administration
- Solicitation of constituents and benefit fulfillment to active donors and
- Manage premium seat inventory and allocations
- Leadership in premium seating solicitation, communication,
strategies, and operations
- Work off the assigned prospect list to evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
- Work with
head coaches to ensure fundraising goals are met
- Use data and prospecting tools to find new constituents interested in Appalachian
- Add value to the overarching athletic development unit to successfully reach and grow financial and membership goals
on an annual basis
- Game day responsibilities and coordination
- Athletic Development strategic planning
- Support the athletic development team and leadership
- Cultivate leadership annual giving donors/prospects and solicit
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and in-person meetings
- Responsible for database
- Work with campus entities to ensure broad outreach to alumni, season ticket holders, and fans
Position: Full Time Position
Mon-Fri, 8:00-5:00 pm except when travel, evening and weekend work
Number of Hours Per Week: 40
Number of Months Per Year: 12
Mandatory Staff: No
Suggested Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 08/23/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Evaluation of Applications
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach required
List a minimum of 3 professional references on the application or attach
a List of References with Contact Information
Search Chair Name
Search Chair Email
Disability Accommodation Information
Individuals with disabilities may request accommodations in the
application process by contacting Maranda Maxey, Director & ADA/504 Coordinator, at 828-262-3056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion at Appalachian
We at Appalachian State University are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive
excellence both locally and globally.
We understand that the successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence
is the responsibility of the entire university community, including alumni and official university governing bodies. A diverse campus
community supports an influx of broad and distinct ideas that increase learning opportunities and strengthen the impact of our community as
we work collectively to achieve a just experience for all.
We actively encourage, support, and promote a global mindset and an
equitable environment where all will know that they belong and are safe to express their culture, identity, values, ideas, opinions, and
creativity. We are committed to creating a culture of equity opportunity for all, one that has an expectation of fairness, justice, and
equity-minded practice at all levels of the university community.
Background Check Statement
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal
Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility
for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. This position may or may not be eligible for H-1B sponsorship;
EHRA positions are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. To request further information about sponsorship for this
position, please contact International Student and Scholar Services and Outreach at email@example.com