identity as a community college and strongly encourage applications from candidates who recognize and honor the important role that equity,
diversity, and inclusion brings to an educational community. Our stated mission is to create meaningful and relevant learning, inspire
greater equity, and celebrate success in our lives and in our communities. We are recognized nationally as an, Achieving the Dream “leader
college” and our faculty are engaged in innovative work to improve student retention and program completion. According to the Community
College Survey of Student Engagement, TCC ranks high on measures of active learning and academic challenge, thanks to our creative and
scholarly faculty. We seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual
curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the campus mission promoting equitable access to educational opportunities.
about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and
models respectful interaction with others.
- Engages effectively with the community both within and outside of TCC.
Perform customer service duties including assisting customers on the sales floor, answering questions and phone
inquiries. Check-in, price, and stock merchandise. Count inventory and make adjustments in bookstore database system. Operate a cash
register to sell books, supplies, sundries, and other related merchandise. This position works closely with bookstore staff as part of a
*This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies
- Assist customers with books and other related merchandise.
- Receive and price merchandise.
- Provide clerical support
functions including make copies, run reports, fax, and mail distribution.
- Stock merchandise and arrange displays.
- Assist with
inventory periodically either manually or via a hand held scanning device.
- Operate a cash register and process various forms of
- Verify cash at the beginning and end of each shift and complete cash reports.
- Enter information into the Bookstore
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED or
- Intermediate data entry and computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Cash handling experience.
- Sales or cashiering experience.
- Experience with retail POS systems, cash registers, bar code printers, and
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check prior to
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a
commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Excellent customer service skills; including
building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction and the ability to problem solve.
- Become familiar with campus resources
and policies, campus mail, and Outlook.
- Polite telephone etiquette. Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Strong written and oral
- Ability to follow directions and meet the needs of the department.
- Dependability in working assigned
Tacoma Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.