Requisition Number: S3301P
Home Org Name: Athletic Ticket Office
Division Name: Director Intercollegiate Athletics
Job Class Code: BB44A
Appointment Status: Full-time
Limited Term: No
Auburn University Athletics is excited to begin the search for an Assistant Director of Ticket Sales & Retention! This individual will serve as an active member of the outbound ticket sales team for Auburn University Athletics. The Coordinator of Ticket Sales is responsible for selling a full menu of ticket options to athletics events and soliciting contributions to Tigers Unlimited Foundation.
Why should YOU consider a career with Auburn University?
- Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years!
- Competitive employee benefits + state retirement plan.
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents.
- Generous leave policies (including paid parental leave!)
- The satisfaction of knowing YOU are a part of providing the premier academic experience at Auburn and the life-changing work our students and employees perform.
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Conducts daily outbound calls to prospects for full season, mini plans, group, and single game tickets for football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball and gymnastics and makes follow up calls to ticket holders who communicate concerns and issues they’ve experienced.
- Calls current and previous ticket buyers to execute renewal plans and strategies and cold-calls new leads to generate sales.
- Cultivates current and past groups and new prospects to generate sales.
- Contacts area businesses, youth organizations, and other large groups to promote the group ticket program.
- Works all home football game days and other athletic home events as determined by the Manager for Ticket Sales and Assistant Athletics Director for Ticketing to service ticket buyers.
- Achieves and exceeds weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals by performing daily outbound calls and setting face-to-face meetings and tours.
- Provides superior customer service to prospects, ticket buyers and donors throughout the season while maintaining an account list of ticket holders to ensure high customer satisfaction and retention rates.
- Develops relationships across the department within all Auburn Athletics external units and Tigers Unlimited Foundation.
- Works closely with the Manager of Tickets sales to create new revenue generating ideas.
- Job requires ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and evening hours. May need the ability to travel as needed to complete job duties and responsibilities. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility: May be responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others and asked to provide input to performance reviews of other employees
2 years of experience in ticket sales, or customer service experience.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and customer services best practices and demonstrated track record in sales and building quality relationships.
- Experience preferred with a major Division 1 university or professional sports
Salary Range: $32,100-$44,900
Job Category: Athletics Support
Working Hours if Non-Traditional: 7:45a – 4:45p, M-F, nights and weekends as needed
City position is located in
State position is located
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Auburn University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and equal opportunity educational institution.