Assistant Director of VandalStores
Division/College: Auxiliary Services-MID
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $60,261.60 annually or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position assists with the supervision of the main areas including Moscow VandalStore, Boise VandalStore, Downtown VandalStore, Coffee Cafe and satellite retail sites. Serving on the leadership team, the position ensures the store is a self-sustaining partner and oversees managers and employees. This position is responsible for helping lead the VandalStores’ departments in innovation and strategic planning as well as day-to-day operations. This position is the primary back-up to the Director of VandalStores and Trademark and Licensing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of retail/customer service experience
- 6 months of store management experience which demonstrates all of the following:
- Developing staff to meet challenges
- Leading a team to provide customer service
- Building collaborative relationship with various internal and external stakeholders
- Managing, training, and supervising staff and/or student employees
- Coordinating and implementing programs/projects
- Inventory control procedures and maintaining inventory records
- Composing a variety of business documents
- Working in a multi-task environment with attention to details
- Using computers to communicate with email, enter, retrieve and edit data
Preferred Qualifications:Demonstrated ability to:
- Follow oral and written instructions, policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written format
- Organize and pay attention to detail
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Set and follow a budget
Demonstrated work experience:
- Buying for multiple locations especially with collegiate bookstore market
- Customer service orientation with the commitment and drive sales through all channels
- Experience with cash handling including opening and closing a retail location including cash handling procedures and oversite
- Creating, leading and executing promotional merchandising calendars
- With POS/Inventory control systems
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bend, stoop, lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to move about and between venues for extended periods of time up to a full day of work
Bend, stoop, lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds occasionallyAbility to move about and between venues for extended periods of time up to a full day of work
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP004260P
Posting Date: 01/12/2024
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit a letter of qualification, current resume, and references (last 3 supervisors) no later than January 30, 2024.
In your letter of qualification, using details and examples, please address all of the required and preferred qualifications for this position and how your experience and skills align. The information provided in your letter of qualification will be used to determine eligibility for an interview and demonstrate your communications skills.
If you would like to see the full job description, please contact Christy Day at email@example.com.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.