Job ID: 309331
IU BLOOMINGTON HOSPITALITY (BA-HSPY-IUBLA)
IU Dining and Hospitality offers a dynamic, creative, collaborative environment in which motivated employees can
expand their skills as part of a diverse team while providing exceptional guest experience. Through positions in campus dining, catering,
retail operations, and the hotel, employees can develop skill sets that open career opportunities on campus and beyond.
IU Catering offers a dynamic, exciting work environment in support of on-campus and
off-campus events including weddings and fine dining, private parties and events, and casual meetings and gatherings.
- Oversees day-to-day sales operations.
- Works with
external and internal clients to schedule event space, and plan catering event.
- Meets with external clients to detail and outline
- Creates Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) with menus, pricing, and established timelines.
- Books meetings rooms
and venues, audiovisual and vendors.
- Works onsite at external events.
- Oversees day of event execution with the client and
- Occasional support in the catering operations.
- Under close
supervision, performs routine administrative tasks related to advertising and sales processes.
- Responds to customer inquiries and
may assist with providing quotes, terms and conditions, and drafting contracts.
- Distributes bills and contracts, processes payments,
and distributes funds to appropriate account.
- Processes documents into the appropriate university database and verifies that
information is correct.
- Prepares reports of advertising and sales figures.
- Regularly conveys various product/service and/or
advertising options to potential customers and answers basic questions about policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as
HSED or GED)
- Some experience in relevant field
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a high
degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a
computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an
office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to lifting/carry up to 15 pounds. The person in this role must be
able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
$15.00 per hour
Salary Plan and Grade: PAA 1AV
This is an CWA union position
Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends.
Management reserves the right to adjust work hours to accommodate
special meals and events.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with
generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about
our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Foundational
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Family: Advertising & Sales
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits
discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex
in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding
Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana
University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Indiana University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.