Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
School of Nursing
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a resume, letter of interest, and a list of three (3) professional references is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application, and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The Graduate and Doctoral Nursing Academic Advisor III will support the School of Nursing graduate and doctoral programs by working with students from prospective through alumni relations with priority emphasis on advising. This position will help guide students in managing academic paths and support retention.
Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- First point of contact to answer any questions from prospective students about the graduate and doctorial nursing program and admission process.
- Responsible for preparing and providing essential information to new students before their program start date.
- Monitor completion of onboarding process.
- Advise 400+ current graduate nursing students.
- Maintain enrollment spreadsheets, canvas ORG grad student access, and CastleBranch for grad students.
- Prepare various internal and external reports.
- Assist in planning and executing graduate nursing student orientations and workshops.
- Responsible for ensuring that current student maintain updated certifications and immunizations.
- Responsible for ensuring that each upcoming graduate meets all requirements before degree conferral.
- Provide enrollment projections, monitor enrollment, and adjust rolls as needed.
- Collaborate with clinical coordinator to provide attestation letters for clinical students as requested.
- Maintain academic progress records and prepare student letters for dismissals and warnings.
- Assist APRN faculty with documents for APRN licensure and certification exam applications.
- Prepare transfer credit documentation to submit to graduate school for approval.
- Assist faculty with admission review process for all graduate nursing programs.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related filed.
- Five (5) years of experience in academic advising or related field.
- Experience with recruitment and retention programs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
- Membership in professional organization preferred.
- Experience with recruitment and retention programs preferred.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Proficient with Microsoft office suites.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ethical and able to maintain confidential information.
- May require some trave to development workshops.
- Will require occasional availability after hours and on weekends during advising periods, orientation, and previews.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 13 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. We also offer instructional sites at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and in Palestine, Longview, and Houston.
With more than 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered, UT Tyler provides a wealth of learning opportunities and dynamic programs.
For more information, please visit https://www.uttyler.edu/about/.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information. Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12&JobOpeningId=10619&PostingSeq=1